1. Asher G, Sassone-Corsi P. Time for food: the intimate interplay between nutrition, metabolism, and the circadian clock. Cell. 2015;161:84-92.
2. Gerhart-Hines Z, Lazar MA. Circadian metabolism in the light of evolution. Endocr Rev. 2015;36:289-304.
3. Koike N, Yoo SH, Huang HC, et al. Transcriptional architecture and chromatin landscape of the core circadian clock in mammals. Science. 2012;338:349-354.
4. Ramkisoensing A, Meijer JH. Synchronization of biological clock neurons by light and peripheral feedback systems promotes circadian rhythms and health. Front Neurol. 2015;6:128.
5. Masri S, Sassone-Corsi P. The circadian clock: a framework linking metabolism, epigenetics and neuronal function. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2013;14:69-75.
6. Eckel-Mahan K, Sassone-Corsi P. Metabolism and the circadian clock converge. Physiol Rev. 2013;93:107-135.
“The Islet and Metabolism Keep Time”
I. The circadian system
II. Circadian regulation of the transcriptional network
III. Circadian rhythms and metabolism
IV. Clock and the islet